TA Employment and Manual
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- ACADEMIC STUDENT EMPLOYEES
- Each quarter Academic Student Employees are hired by the
Department of Physics. Application materials and eligibility requirements
are available here:
ASE Application Information
- ASE LECTURER APPOINTMENTS
- Information on Teaching a Course for the UCSD Department of
Each year the UCSD Department of Physics is in need of qualified
individuals to teach undergraduate courses. We maintain a list of such
individuals from which to choose lecturers as needs arise. Such positions
may be of interest to: postdocs, sabbatical visitors, recent Ph.D. recipients,
or other outstanding teachers who seek temporary part-time non-tenure track
Typically, the department will have openings in large lower-division
undergraduate courses, and occasionally some upper-division courses.
Salary is commensurate with experience and based on published UC pay scales.
- WHAT WE WILL NEED FROM YOU
- For inclusion in the Department of Physics lecturer pool, please
submit the following: - your anticipated availability; - curriculum vitae,
including previous teaching experience (Ph.D. required in most cases);
- teaching evaluations or other evidence of teaching ability, if available;
- syllabi of classes taught, if available; - current salary or salary requirements;
and - a letter of interest indicating courses you are willing and able to teach.
Please consult the UCSD catalog for Physics course information.
- HOW WE SELECT INSTRUCTORS
- The most important criterion is our judgment of the candidate's
teaching ability. We will only employ individuals that we believe will
be excellent teachers. Submissions and questions should be directed to:
Charmaine Samahin-Manns, Student Affairs Manager Department of Physics,
University of California, San Diego 9500 Gilman Drive, 0354 La Jolla,
- TA MANUAL