The Department of Physics currently has one staff Undergraduate Advisor and five Faculty Undergraduate Advisors.
Contact the Physics Staff Undergraduate Advisor regarding:
- Course Planning to complete major/minor requirements
- Questions about major/minor requirements
- Questions about declaring the major/minor, adding a specialization, double-majors
- Questions about course prerequisites and co-requisites
- Questions about enrollment process for Special Studies courses (i.e. 199s)
- Petitioning courses in Physics
- Questions about repeating courses
- Questions about transfers courses and course equivalents
- General questions about post-grad planning (careers, grad programs)
Please contact the Staff Undergraduate Advisor through the Virtual Advising Center (VAC). The Undergraduate Advisor will no longer
respond to student emails sent to her email addresses (tmoore@physics, advising@physics, anm025@ucsd, amoore@physics, etc.).
Access the VAC at: http://vac.ucsd.edu/.
Contact a Physics Faculty Undergraduate Advisor regarding:
Faculty Undergraduate Advisors:
- Specific questions related to the subject of physics
- Specific questions about post-grad planning (careers, grad programs)
- Specific questions about physics research
- Suggestions on classes to take (above the major/minor requirements) to prepare for your future (either in industry or academia)
- Advice on research opportunities and internships